Dating can be expensive. You’re trying to impress each other, so you get all pretty (or handsome) and want to do fancy things. However, I think, that at the core of an AWESOME date is just having a good time and having the opportunity to enjoy your dates company. Some cheap date ideas are actually super romantic, and a romantic date is awesome, right? Even after you are in a steady (or married) relationship, going on dates is still important. But again, cheap date ideas don’t break the bank are equally important.
When my (now) husband and I were first dating, we had several cheap date favorites. We still use several of our first cheap date ideas now. It is nice to have a date night (or day) that doesn’t have the added stress of spending a ton of money. It allows the whole date experience to be a lot more enjoyable.
(Not going on a date, but still want some ideas for fun? Check out some cheap things to do for fun!)
Looking for cheap date ideas? Here are 10 date ideas that won’t break the bank:
1.Go for a picnic. Picnics are awesome for a cheap date. You can pack your favorite (not so expensive) food in a lunch bag and go to a scenic place.
2. Watch the sunset (or sunrise). Watching the sunset (or sunrise) is free – which is awesome. But it can also be a super romantic date idea.
3. Go to the beach. You can go to the beach for a day full of fun, sun, sand and water. Or you can go to the beach in the morning or evening for a nice walk. The beach makes a great cheap date idea as it is free and there are so many different activities you can do.
4. Cook dinner at home. Cooking dinner in can let you show off your cooking skills (if you are a good cook). It also is way less expensive than a dinner out. To make it extra special, you can always light candles, use your nice dishes and/or cook a fun new meal.
5. Go for a nature walk. Going for a nature walk is a fun way to get some exercise, have an adventure and have time for conversation on your date.
6. Take a scenic drive. This is my all time favorite cheap date idea. All you spend is the cost of gas. My husband and I take drives frequently. It is fun to explore new areas, or sight see.
7. Movie night at home. Having a movie date night at home is much more affordable than going to see a movie at a theater. Plus you have SO many more movies to choose from! We like to use Amazon Movies or Netflix and pop our own popcorn! I personally am IN LOVE with this special flavored Mellaw Magic Popcorn.
8. Go stargazing. Head out of the city to a spot where the sky is clear at night and do some stargazing. This is free and super romantic.
9. Play a board game. Playing board games can be a super fun cheap date idea. My favorite is Monopoly. But there are SO many games to choose from!
10. Dance at home. Instead of going out to dance, turn up the music and dance at home! Or, if you don’t know how to dance, find a tutorial online (like on YouTube) and learn to dance together.
11. Go to an open mic . Open mic nights are a fun way to go hear some music without spending tons of money.
12. Check out a local sports game. This is a great cheap date idea for sports fans. Most local sports games are free or cheap entry. It allows a less formal, but not so private date experience. This makes for a good first date.
These cheap and free date ideas are certain to be able to fit within your budgeting and still give a lot of fun!
What are you favorite cheap date ideas? Let me know below in the comments!